Summer is coming to Portland Oregon and you know what that means-open doors and windows. But what about your dogs and cats? There’s no pet door in your slider screen but don’t worry, Sierra Glass has the answer.
Security Boss has a pet door made to fit into the screen of your sliding glass door.
Now you can have your door open and screen closed to allow fresh air into your home without letting in flying insects.
If you’ve never had a pet door for your dog (or cat) then you may be surprised. It’s so convenient and practical that you’ll wonder why you didn’t install one sooner.
Why install a sliding screen pet door?
- Convenience-Pets can go in/out as needed
- Keep house cool with doors/windows open
- Insects stay outside where they belong
How does the screen doggie door work?
It has a low profile so you can still operate your sliding glass door without any issues. It installs in the bottom left or right side of your screen door (depending on which way your door opens). The pet door does not lock though you can simply close your slider to secure your house.
Installation note-If the spline for your sliding screen door is on the interior, it will need to be changed so that the spline is on the exterior side of the door.
Don’t worry-Sierra Glass can easily fix that for you.
An optional brace bar can be installed to provide additional support for the door making it more stable. This is a good idea for bigger pet doors and/or if your screen door is larger.
When we come for your free estimate, we’ll let you know if we think the brace bar is necessary.
4 sizes to fit all dogs
1. Medium (7” x 9”)
2. Large (11” x 16”)
3. Extra Large (15” x 24”)
4. Tall Extra Large (14” x 27”)
Features of Security Boss screen pet doors
- Swing part of door has internal hinges with steel pivot pin combo
- Heavy duty weather stripping along entire opening
- Internal magnets to close quietly & keep door shut
- Textilene Pet Super Screen resists tears & scratches
- Optional brace bar for more stability on larger screens
- Models for bottom left or right of screen door
Security Boss pet doors are built to last
Sierra Glass is an authorized dealer of Security Boss pet doors because they are the best built dog doors on the market today. Dog doors get a lot of wear and tear, so you need one that’s going to last, and these do.
Why Portlanders love these doggie doors.
- Best insulating design
- Best sealing pet door
- Unequaled security
- Available in 10 colors & 10 sizes